- Promoting Refugee Health: A guide for doctors, nurses and other health care providers caring for people from refugee backgrounds (3rd edition, 2012).
- Caring for Refugee Patients in General Practice: A desk-top guide – Queensland (4th edition, 2012).
- Mental health referral pathways for children, adolescents and adults from refugee backgrounds – Options for General Practitioners and Health Professional
Other links for health workers
- Queensland Government Multicultural Health
Information for the public, for health workers, Interpreting and translating, policies, plans and strategies.
- Community Profiles for Health Care Providers
A practical tool that assists health care providers to better understand the health beliefs, pre-migration experiences, communication preferences and other aspects of their clients’ culture.
- Mental Health in Multicultural Australia
Translated resources for use by health practitioners working with individuals and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Queensland Transcultural Mental Health Centre
A state wide service for people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Health Translations Victoria
Health Translations enables health practitioners and those working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities to easily find translated health information.
- Safe Communities for Children – Fact Sheets (2010, Multicultural Development Association)
Or order multilingual booklets and DVD through MDA Tel: (07) 3337 5400
- Raising Children in Australia – A resource kit for early childhood services working with parents from African Backgrounds (2007) (VFST)
For a copy of the DVD in English, Amaharic, Tigrinya, Somali, Dinka, Nuer, Kirundi, Kiswahili, Liberian English and Krio (packaged for parents) or Guide Email Fahcsia@nationalmailing.com.au or phone 1800 050 009.
- Hand in Hand – Parenting by Connection
A range of parenting tools, resources and consultations.
- ‘From isolation to connection; a guide to understanding and working with traumatised children and young people’ (Child Safety Commissioner, Victoria, 2009)
- Greater Metro South Brisbane Medicare Local region supports Refugee Health Connect, Healthy Start and Refugee pathways to mental health services.