STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT QPASTT
QPASTT recognises the importance of placements in providing an opportunity for students to integrate theory and practice, establish a work history and create networking contacts.
What type of placement does QPASTT offer?
Depending on organisational needs at the time, a placement with QPASTT will generally involve assisting with group work, project work, client activities and research.
Please note: QPASTT cannot accept placement requests from students enrolled in courses requiring a counselling component for their placement. We will only consider expressions of interest from students in courses which do not require a face to face counselling component.
What types of courses does QPASTT offer placement opportunities for?
QPASTT offers placements in the following disciplines:
Social Work – Bachelor level and above
Occupational Therapy – Bachelor level and above
Public Health – Bachelor level and above
Art Therapy – Bachelor level and above
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot consider applications from students enrolled in Certificate level or Diploma level courses.
How can I apply for a placement at QPASTT?
All applications need to be made through the institute at which you are studying.
Please do not send applications directly to QPASTT.
Process: In the application for student placement at QPASTT that your institution sends on your behalf:
- Clearly state the course you are currently enrolled in and the semester in which you require the placement.
- Include information about your course requirements around student placement – for example, number of hours, length of placement.
- Include your resume.
- Write a brief response (not more than one page in total) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in doing your placement with QPASTT?
- What do you believe you are able to bring to a placement that would make you a suitable candidate?
- What do you hope to get out of a placement at QPASTT? What are your expectations and goals?
When does the application process close?
The application process for Semester 2, 2021 is now closed.
The application process for Semester 1, 2022 is now open and closes on 1 November 2021.