STUDENT PLACEMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT QPASTT
QPASTT recognises the importance of placements in providing an opportunity for students to integrate theory and practice, establish a work history and create networking contacts.
What type of placement does QPASTT offer?
Depending on organisational needs at the time, a placement with QPASTT will generally involve assisting with group work, project work, client activities and research.
Please note: QPASTT cannot accept placement requests from students enrolled in courses requiring a counselling component for their placement. We will only consider expressions of interest from students in courses which do not require a face to face counselling component.
What types of courses does QPASTT offer placement opportunities for?
QPASTT offers placements in the following disciplines:
Social Work – Bachelor level and above
Occupational Therapy – Bachelor level and above
Public Health – Bachelor level and above
Art Therapy – Bachelor level and above
Please note: Unfortunately we cannot consider applications from students enrolled in Certificate level or Diploma level courses.
How can I apply for a placement at QPASTT?
All applications need to be made through the institute at which you are studying.
Please do not send applications directly to QPASTT.
Process: In the application for student placement at QPASTT that your institution sends on your behalf:
- Clearly state the course you are currently enrolled in and the semester in which you require the placement.
- Include information about your course requirements around student placement – for example, number of hours, length of placement.
- Include your resume.
- Write a brief response (not more than one page in total) to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in doing your placement with QPASTT?
- What do you believe you are able to bring to a placement that would make you a suitable candidate?
- What do you hope to get out of a placement at QPASTT? What are your expectations and goals?
When does the application process close?
The application process for Semester 1, 2021 is now open and closes on 1 November 2020.