Role of the Youth Voice committee
The role of the committee includes the followings, amongst others:
- To identify and advise QPASTT Youth Voice Project coordinator on emerging and ongoing challenges facing young people, eg: Unemployment, discrimination, bullying, social isolation, family violence etc.
- Supported by the QPASTT Youth Voice Project coordinator, plan and implement projects and events to raise awareness and facilitate the process of addressing identified issues.
- Collaborate with relevant youth groups, advisory councils or committees and services to undertake large scale projects with greater systemic and community level impacts for the benefit of young people and the wider community
- To attend and provide representation and advocacy for young people about issues identified at local, regional and national forums.
- Engage with youth groups, provide leadership and inspire young people to take advantage of available opportunities and maximise their capacities for a better future
To develop strategies for addressing issues identified as affecting young people in terms of pursuing education, employment, training and sporting opportunities.
Youth Voice is inspiring young people to create change. Youth Voice meets every second week! If you want to join, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (07) 3391-6677
Find us Youth Voice on facebook: www.facebook/YouthVoiceBrisbane